Festivus
It's getting late in the fest and I'm getting a little burned out. Nodded off for a few minutes of Sympathy last night. I have two movies left for today The Quiet and SPL (midnight madness). May or may not see the closing gala (and party) tomorrow night.
Last night was the party for Metal: A Headbanger Journey. Excellent documentary film which I saw pre-fest. Has been picked up across the board, so expect to see it at an arthouse near you. Told from a fan's POV, the film is a journey through the history of the genre and features some very funny and insightful interviews with the fans and pioneers/provocateurs of Metal. The party was most excellent. Got to chat with a couple of the directors to heap some kudos upon them.
In other party news I hit the after-party for Walk the Line on Tuesday. Held in the old church at Queen and Berkeley. Featured good ole fashion southern bbq and a band that was supposed to play Cash covers (the Trews I think?). Mostly music industry types as I believe this party was put on by the label releasing the soundtrack. Kind of lame.
Last night was the party for Metal: A Headbanger Journey. Excellent documentary film which I saw pre-fest. Has been picked up across the board, so expect to see it at an arthouse near you. Told from a fan's POV, the film is a journey through the history of the genre and features some very funny and insightful interviews with the fans and pioneers/provocateurs of Metal. The party was most excellent. Got to chat with a couple of the directors to heap some kudos upon them.
In other party news I hit the after-party for Walk the Line on Tuesday. Held in the old church at Queen and Berkeley. Featured good ole fashion southern bbq and a band that was supposed to play Cash covers (the Trews I think?). Mostly music industry types as I believe this party was put on by the label releasing the soundtrack. Kind of lame.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home