The Quiet (Jamie Babbitt)
Dark teen melodrama from the director of But I'm a Cheerleader. Shot on HD for under $1 million and developed through the Sundance Institute. Stars Elisha Cuthbert as a popular cheerleader with a twisted sexual secret. Her parents played by Martin Donovan (Hal Hartley stuff) and Edie Falco adopt an orphaned deaf teen as the film opens. The teen girl Dot and Cuthbert's character have some major tension in their school and home environments.
Some very heavy handed acting and a very slow pace help bring this one down. I like that small movies like this can get made with decent talent. The story is certainly risky material, but I was just left with a so what reaction. The climax is very over the top and I'm not so sure if this film will get much of a release. Though I'm sure that screencaps of some of Cuthbert's scenes will find its way to a celeb site very soon. Kind of shocking to see Edie Falco in the nude.
Director Babbitt was in attendance. The Q&A was a little strange as the questions were not exactly forthcoming. Jamie went ahead and addressed some of the faqs re the film.
Some very heavy handed acting and a very slow pace help bring this one down. I like that small movies like this can get made with decent talent. The story is certainly risky material, but I was just left with a so what reaction. The climax is very over the top and I'm not so sure if this film will get much of a release. Though I'm sure that screencaps of some of Cuthbert's scenes will find its way to a celeb site very soon. Kind of shocking to see Edie Falco in the nude.
Director Babbitt was in attendance. The Q&A was a little strange as the questions were not exactly forthcoming. Jamie went ahead and addressed some of the faqs re the film.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home